Monday, December 2, 2013

Ducks Bellow for Rum

I just received my copy of Dux Bellorum. I am looking forward to reading it and playing a few games with the rest of the Basement Generals. However, it is the end of a very long day, so Ducks Bellowing seems extremely funny at this point. Probably not.

I bought these figures over the weekend to go with this rule set. I now have another project to get started. However, these are going to fall in line after my Saga Normans. All in all it was a good holiday weekend. I finished the Wilson's Creek ACW board game. I should be done with my 2nd Hauverstoverian infantry regiment soon. I just have the tricorn lace to paint and then I can base them. On the figs I bought for Dux, (Armalion - Leichte Weidener Ritter) the casting for the leader had a horse head coming out of his crown! A little snipping and filing and he looks tons better. His opponents would have been vulnerable because they would be laughing themselves silly.

4 comments:

BaronVonJ said...

A little late for the Dux Bellorum era, but perfect for Mayhem.

Essjam said...

Why? Because they have Kite shields? I picked these figs up for $10 for 10 figs. Couldn't pass them up.

BaronVonJ said...

Ahhh, those are heater shields. Clearly medieval as opposed to dark age. Herrumph!

Essjam said...

Heater shields? Learn something new every day. Maybe if I paint a Dark Ages logo on them the figs would be acceptable? D/A with rats and fleas?