Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Hauverstover Infantry - A beginning

Work has started on the Hauverstoverian Infantry. Old Glory 10 MM Infantry Marching in Tricorn figures are the basis for the infantry strips. I am painting one strip as a test to get used to the brush strokes. So far the painting has been a breeze, however I need to find a better way to separate the legs on the back of the figure.

For the faces I used a medium light flesh tone and then washed it with Citadel's Reikland Fleshshade. Quick and easy, my kind of painting. Only 100 strips to go, and I still haven't tried a hand painted flag.

I am going to try Jaye's mantra of "paint an hour a day". We shall see if that can be maintained.

Here is the test strip finished. I think these are going to be okay once they get based.

No comments: