Summer vacations have come and gone. It is now time to load up the project table. This has not changed a great deal, however, with the enthusiasm that Longstreet has generated, priorities have been rearranged. Like most gamers, I have to reorganize all my stuff periodically. My ancient Greek project has been pulled and the figures are in storage boxes. I am actually thinking about doing that in 6MM. There is a better arrangement for lighting now, so hopefully that will help when I am painting.
Here is the overall table, ACW up front, My Maurice infantry behind that and off in the distance, some 28 MM French infantry. These last are for Lead Addict, I may eventually get these done.
I was really surprised to find that my 15 mm ACW project was almost complete. There are just a few fill-in pieces that I need to complete both sides of my collection. I did not have any Union Artillery however, that was addressed. Here are the boys ready for the basing process. I use a coarse gray pumice in an acrylic medium as the base material. It has been applied. Next steps are dry-brushing the colors and then adding a little static grass and shrubbery.
While digging through my collection, I found these dismounted Cavalry boys that were on old cardboard bases. They weren't even flocked. I am changing these over to Litko one-inch square bases. That is my current project, hopefully I will get the Arty and dismounted Cavalry finished by Thursday. Once that is done, I will work on some Confederate dismounted cavalry, then gasp, my collection will be complete!
Finally, here is a picture of yours truly as photo-shopped by Baron Von J. This is for our Longstreet campaign. Colonel Frederick Joseph (Fritz) Wolfe at your service.
Current roster after first campaign battle